Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Program Security Officer I (661642) - Security clearance required in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Program Security Officer I
What you'll do:
- Provide day-to-day security support to classified programs.
- Provide review of customer required security plans to include AIS, CONOPS, OPSEC, area usage standard practices and procedures. Interface with program management and ensure compliance with established program security plans and customer directives.
- Lead security violation investigations and report findings internally and to customer.
- Prepare reports to customer in a timely manner.
- Conduct formal security education and awareness briefings.
- Maintain accountability for COMSEC items.
- Perform contracting administration duties regarding the distribution and accountability of DD Form 254s.
- Maintain personnel security files and suspense logs for all phases of the personnel security clearance process. Need to be proficient in JPAS, eQIP and SWFT applications.
- Support implementation and verification of classified Information Technology security systems.
- Pass and receive visit certifications.
- Maintain classified information (document review; maintain receipt and dispatch records, applied marking and handling requirements for classified storage and shipments).
- Perform self-inspections as required by government regulations i.e. (JAFAN, NISPOM, DCID, ICD standards) and participate in customer audits and inspections.
- Provide cross functional team and multiple facility support.
- Provide additional program support as deemed necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS/BA in a related field is required.
- Current Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Progressively responsible experience in program security.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative, a hard worker who can work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate through both written and verbal means are highly desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, PC version, JPAS, eQIP, SWFT.
- Experience using database management tools such as MS Access, SIMS and various communications software applications for electronic file transfer is also required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in a multi-building office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Program Security Officer I (661642) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 661642
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time