Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Specialist Senior-Mechanical- ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED (660526) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of quick response technology assessments to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, US Air Force, and the Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles directorate. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of engineering and technical services, including technology demonstrations and assessments, laboratory and field experiments, and integrated research and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified engineers and analysts to join our technology assessment oriented organization.
Technical Specialist Senior – Mechanical
Perform a variety of technical assignments requiring knowledge of engineering, science, or other technical applications. Assist and support engineering and prototyping in support of RDT&E; testing, in the development, assembly, and test of a wide variety of company products and systems. Duties are typically more task oriented (versus responsibility oriented), performed with oversight and prioritization by an engineer, supervisor, or lead.
What you’ll do:
- Fabricate hardware of a developmental, prototype, or critical nature.
- Fabricates metal and composite materials in accordance with technical drawings.
- Ability to read precision measuring tools and instruments.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Troubleshoot hardware or assemblies; check and modify chambers or fixtures.
- Crafting, sanding, and bonding assemblies and autoclave with a variety of composite materials.
- Understanding of principles of composite material inspection techniques.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Read, comprehend, and execute technical process specifications, procedures, and standards.
- Assist in the development or preparation of drawings, designs, and specifications.
- May provide detailed written input for design reviews, proposals, specifications, work standards, and business processes.
- May conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce, and record data.
- Maintain required electronic build records and process logs, records, and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- May make continuous improvement suggestions and participate in initiatives to improve productivity and process efficiency.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 16 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree plus 14 or more years.
- Must be able to maintain a Top Secret clearance, based on a current SSBI.
- Must have knowledge of composite aerospace structures, techniques and practices.
- Proven ability to work safely using manual cutting tools and equipment and follows all safety standards and practices.
- Experience with Solidworks or other CAD/CAM program is a plus.
- Experience with MasterCam is a plus.
- Metal working experience is highly desired.
- Operation of standard and CNC machine shop equipment is highly desired.
- Experience with composite prepreg and wet layup are desired.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Specialist Senior-Mechanical- ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED (660526)
Job ID: 660526
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time